The Georgetown Laboratory for Relational Cognition, directed by Dr. Adam Green, anticipates hiring a full-time lab manager to coordinate and conduct research on learning, reasoning, and creativity in high school students and young adults. The lab manager will contribute to ongoing large-scale grant-funded projects and help in development of new projects. The preferred start date is mid-June 2018. For more information on the lab, see cng.georgetown.edu.
- Collection of brain-imaging data (primarily fMRI), as well as behavioral and survey data
- Recruitment of study participants
- Coordination of lab members to conduct ongoing projects
- Organization professional and informal lab activities
- Administration of grant budgets for multiple ongoing and developing projects - Many other duties as needed and depending on interest/motivation, including direct involvement with planning research projects and analysis of collected data
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- One or more years of undergraduate or post-graduate research experience, ideally in the biological or psychological sciences
- Willingness to learn new skills and enthusiastically take on new projects and responsibilities
- Attention to detail, high level of self-motivation, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills - Strong computer skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience gathering and analyzing fMRI data
- One or more years of leadership experience
- Programming experience (e.g., E-Prime, MATLAB, Python)
To apply for this position:
Applicants should send a cover letter describing relevant experience and career goals, a current resume/CV, an unofficial college transcript, and contact information for two or more people who can readily comment on the applicant’s qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address any questions to Nhi Dinh at email@example.com.