Early STEM Research Assistant - Digital Promise Global Position Description
About Digital Promise Global
Digital Promise Global is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit that aims to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise Global identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise Global is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
We are seeking part-time research assistance, on a consultancy basis, to help with data collection for an early childhood science project! The project is a collaboration between the University of Miami and Digital Promise Global, and is funded by the Institute of Education Services. The project aims to create and validate Enfoque en Ciencia, a computer-adaptive test of Latino preschoolers’ science knowledge and practices. From May 2019 and up through June 2019, Digital Promise Global will be in active data collection.
- Attend a training session to prepare for job responsibilities, including administering the early learning assessments
- Coordinate schedule with Digital Promise Global team members and make all travel arrangements for visits to preschool centers (there will be compensation for mileage/public transportation fare and time traveling between centers)
- Administer early learning assessments with children
- Document all data accurately and thoroughly using Digital Promise Global data collection forms
- Submit all data in a timely fashion using Digital Promise Global data collection processes
- Coordinate and communicate with Digital Promise Global team members as required
The ideal candidate will enjoy and have some experience working with young children (e.g., as a teacher or assistant teacher in an early childhood center/ early elementary grades, participating in early childhood research studies, conducting assessments with young children, etc.). Working knowledge of Spanish is required.
- Be willing to complete all security measures required by the study
- Have availability during mornings and afternoons when preschool centers are in session
- Be proficient/fluent in Spanish
- Be able to transport themselves to and from preschool centers in the study
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit
The position will require a minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 20 hours during the data collection period in May to June. Applicants must work with the Digital Promise Global team to accommodate the availability of preschool centers for data collection.
Digital Promise Global will offer a competitive hourly wage as well as compensation for mileage/public transportation fare and time traveling to and from data collection sites.
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter describing your interest in the position, and salary requirements to https://digitalpromise.org/about/jobs/ Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.