Duke University, Durham, North Carolina. The Department of Psychology & Neuroscience at Duke University, invites applications for an Assistant Professor of the Practice position to begin in July 2017.
This full-time regular-rank (non-tenure-track) position will have a primary focus on undergraduate instruction; the exact area of expertise is open. The ideal candidate would be a teacher-scholar with a Ph.D. in Psychology who can contribute to a wide range of undergraduate instructional needs, including research methods and statistics as well as more specialized courses. We seek a teacher-scholar who will supervise undergraduate research as well as remain current in and contribute to research in a specialty area within the discipline.
The successful applicant will be offered an initial contract of three years and is eligible for extended contracts thereafter. As a regular-rank position, the professor of the practice track participates fully in departmental and university activities and the position allows for promotion according to the traditional classification of Asst., Assoc., and Full Professor, without tenure. Renewal and promotion are contingent upon performance reviews, which will be based on a strong teaching record, successful academic advising, ability to mentor undergraduates, administrative service, and research activities.
Interested applicants who wish to be considered should submit the following:
- A letter highlighting qualifications for the position, including teaching, scholarly, and administrative experience;
- A current cv that includes courses taught and teaching interests;
- A statement of one’s teaching philosophy that includes descriptions of any pedagogical innovations and/or curriculum development;
- Up to three undergraduate syllabi and accompanying teaching evaluations;
- A research statement;
- Contact information for three references, at least two of whom can comment on teaching experience and ability.
While the position will remain open until filled, all materials received by December 15, 2016 will receive full consideration. Duke University, located in Durham, North Carolina, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Interested applicants apply here: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8420