Summer Neuroscience Program
Spend your summer with us!
- Receive a full-time stipend, plus money for your lab
- Build critical soft skills for life after Duke
- Work one-on-one with faculty to jump-start your research
Duke's Summer Neuroscience Program is an 8-week summer program enabling you to conduct full-time research to jump start your Graduation with Distinction senior thesis. Full-time participants receive a $3,000 stipend, and mentors receive $1,000 towards their discretionary fund. You may also elect to take one summer school course during term I or II; you obtain $1500 and your mentor receives $500. Once your potential mentor is identified, you will need to collaborate with them to complete and submit an SNP application.
- Applications for summer 2019 will go live in December 17, 2018
- February 4th, 2019 Applications close
- March 4th, 2019 Acceptance notifications (at the latest)
- Program will run June 3rd-July 26th, 2019
Competition is stiff, so get your application in early!
Application topics may include:
- Personal Information: name, Duke email address, class year
- Experiences: previous lab exposure, other neuroscience courses
- Future Plans: anticipating Graduation with Distinction, post-graduation plans
- Research Plans: mentor's name, department and Duke email address
Questions? Contact Tyler Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org