The research assistant will be an integral part of the Cognition and Intellectual Disabilities Lab in the Psychology Department at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. The position is to assist with a 5-year NICHD-funded study investigating longitudinal cognitive changes in teens and young adults with Down syndrome. The lab and study are directed by Dr. Fran Conners. Responsibilities of the position include participant recruitment, participant assessment, data management, and training/supervision of undergraduate researchers. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking for significant research experience before applying to graduate school and/or for a candidate who is looking for a multi-year research position. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Target hire date: May 1 – July 1, 2023 (flexible)
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field
• Interest in Down syndrome research
• Experience with people with disabilities
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel
• Ability to work 40 hours/week with flexible schedule for testing, including weekends
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to testing sites when needed
• One-year commitment
• Positive references
• Experience administering standardized assessments for research
• Experience with individuals with Down syndrome
• Coursework in cognitive psychology
• Multi-year commitment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume at the following link: http://careers.ua.edu/cw/en-us/job/518847. Also, please send names/contact information of three references to: Dr. Fran Conners at email@example.com. Application review will begin March 20, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.