Dec, 1, 2021
5:30 - 6:30 PM (Central Time Zone)
1. The Graduate Association of School Psychologists (GASP) Multicultural Subcommittee meets regularly to plan program events and workshops. This subcommittee is composed of students and faculty in the School Psychology program.
2. GASP hosts one workshop each year on a topic related to diversity and inclusion.
3. Faculty host a virtual open house geared towards diverse and underrepresented prospective applicants.
4. There is a Baylor Box specifically set up for students and faculty in our program to access and post resources related to clinical work with diverse populations, and outside training opportunities are dispersed to school psychology students.
5. Faculty and graduate students regularly lead poster and presentation sessions at local and national conferences on topics related to diversity.
6. Planned program meetings are scheduled to discuss ideas about incorporating diversity into the program and addressing multicultural issues.
7. Elements of diversity and inclusion are incorporated across our scheduled program of courses. A few examples include: